And this is why you don’t have to pay to read this

I sat down at my computer today with the full intention of writing about a theory I have that may or may not be heretical (I’m pretty sure it’s not). I couldn’t get that out right, so I didn’t write it. Then I decided to write about wisdom because a student asked me about it, and it was a good question. I figured that one was in the bag until I started writing, or, to be more accurate, started staring at my monitor blankly. I had an answer, but the words vaporized as soon as I put my fingers to my keyboard.

And that brings me here. In this particular instance, here is a state of utter and complete distraction. I can’t seem to focus tonight. I can’t ferret out the right words from the wrong words, as I’m sure is obvious from my use of the word “ferret.” Nobody likes ferrets, and few people like people who willfully use the word “ferret” in polite conversation.

All that to say that I really have things I want to say but am currently, horribly, pathetically unable to say them. I’m also apparently incapable of only using one adjective.

Hopefully I’ll regain my senses soon.

Comments

MM said…
I certainly hope my post was not the cause of this mute state...Thank you for what you have written. Yes, writing helps. I've tried to give it up, but it keeps me alive. Therefore, it must be a gift.