And now I feel dirty

I haven't posted anything in quite some time, and, sadly, the last post was really a self-indulgent "this is what I did last summer" kind of post. With that in mind, you might expect this post to be one of the following:

1. An apology from me for not posting in what seems like three decades.
2. A deep post on some theological problem that's been hounding me.
or
3. A note from the management stating that I'm either imprisoned or dead and not to worry about checking back for some time.

If you picked option 1, 2, or 3, you're wrong. I'm sorry. It just can't be helped.

I wrote this post to tell you that someone actually found my website by Googling the phrase "men in loin cloths fighting." Being curious as to where I show up on the Google list of fighting men in loin cloths, I ran the search myself. My site shows up second on that list.

I'm not sure whether I should be happy that I rank high on something or slightly disturbed that said something is loin cloth clad men engaged in violence.

That is all.

Comments

Anonymous said…
First off, I don't know why that particular phrase would tumble off anyone's fingers into a search engine. Second, while manly (the attainment of which is certainly a noble goal), "men in loin cloths fighting" also falls into the same category as "creepy", "ew", and "why?".

I'm not sure what else there is to be said. Congratulations? My condolences? Wow... yup that's about all I've got.

I'd say I'm speechless but then it wouldn't make much sense in posting.
Anonymous said…
What about the "Ooooo...loincloths?" category?
Tom said…
Iceman,

"Creepy" or "eww" about sums it up.

(NS)IB,

That just ain't right.
jeff said…
I often get the "what to do if my crotch itches" search phrase, which you know, is simiilar to loinclothed men fighting, may in fact be related somehow.
Tom said…
Yeah, I imagine loincloths could have that affect.
Alastair said…
Hey Tom, long time no nuffink! Don't worry about not posting, all the best dudes give up posting to spend time with beautiful people...