The world is upside down right now

My more discerning readers have probably noticed that I’m not posting as often as I used to. I am, in fact, barely posting at all. There is a very simple reason for this.

Having just read that last sentence, I’m sure you’re expecting to get to read that simple reason and thus know why it is that I’m not doing what I used to do so often. I’d love to help you out there. But, while the reason I’m not posting that often is pretty simple, the world is not a simple place. It is due to the world’s inherent complexity that the following sentence is so very vague:

My world is upside down right now.

There are times and seasons in life when all that was held as standard, all that was held as common, is flipped on its head. It’s during times like this that left becomes right, up becomes down, and old becomes new. If my life can be viewed as a deck of cards, then currently that deck is being used to play a game of 52 card pick up*.

That sounds very unpleasant, but I assure you that it’s not. My life has never been better. I hope one day to be able to tell you all about it, but, with the complexity of the world at large, that might take some time.

In the mean time, posting on this site may be sporadic. Please check back every month or so to see if I’ve written anything new. I don’t recommend daily checks as I have no intention of posting that often.

Sincerely,

Tom

*For those not familiar with the game, 52 card pick up is very easy to play. Walk up to someone with a deck of cards, and ask them if they want to play. If they say yes, take their deck and hold in between your thumb and middle finger, using your index finger to apply pressure to the underside of the cards. Then, push with your index finger and pull with your thumb and middle finger. This will cause the cards to shoot wildly out of your fingers. Finally, request the owner of the cards pick them up. There are only two rules to 52 card pick up: 1. Never play with your own deck. 2. Never play with someone you can’t outrun.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I hope you put the cards back in the right order... and that you don't end up with a pinochle deck... I never understood that game.
Miss Awesome said…
I hate when the world turns upside down. It makes it very hard for me to walk.
Anonymous said…
If life were something we could plan out from day one there wouldn't be much point in living it. After all, why bother reading the book if you wrote it already?

Also, next time you and I hike please don't remind me that I'm as out of shape as I am... you could limp or something to make me look slightly more fit.
Tom said…
Queen,

Pinochle isn't really a game. It's a conspiracy. Don't trust people who play pinochle.

Big Momma,

You ain't kiddin'.

Iceman,

Next time, I'll make sure to strain something so I'm appropriately gimp the next day.